Saturday, March 1, 2008

Hello Michael,
I had a strange impulse to check in with you this morning, not sure why, but I imagine it has to do with my current work around gratitude.

I wanted to thank you for all the time and care you put into treating my dreadful mental state a few years back, and wanted to remind you of how drastically your work can change someone's life. Just in case you ever forget.

Here's where your old patient is these days:
--I am still working full time in my business, making a very good living and working with truly extraordinary people who are trying to do some good in the world.
--I am also now a near-full-time student in the creative writing program at Metro State, and am working on crafting a customized degree that will help me to become a better nonfiction writer.
--Part-time, I help moderate an online discussion group for friends & family of substance abusers, most of whom are ACoAs like myself.
--I am happily married, physically healthy, irritatingly positive, and grateful for all I have.

This from a girl who, when you first met her, really didn't see a whole lot of value in herself or her life. I still use all the tools you taught me, and now I use them to help other people. Who'd've thought? Oh, that's right, YOU would've thought (smile)

Have a great day, Michael, and thanks again for all you do....for me, for everyone.
Margaret