Thursday, February 21, 2008

I started to see Mike during a very traumatic time in my life. My partner of 15 years had died a few years before and I was in a new relationship. It was the early 90’s so the meds that have positively impacted the lives of so many HIV+ people had not yet hit the scene. Several of my close friends were sick and in the process of dying. I was not in the best of health myself and was living on disability. My new partner was seeing Mike and when Mike learned about my situation he offered me a spot in one of his weekly HIV support groups. I joined the group and remained there for several years. Mike continually created a very safe and comfortable space for us to work through the many issues we all dealt with living with HIV, in addition to other life issues. He offered me tremendous support when my mother was dying. Mike is a very kind and compassionate individual and a great therapist.
John F.

No comments: