Wednesday, February 20, 2008

While going through some personal addictions, a failing marriage, and a recent move to Colorado for graduate school, I found myself in quite a dilemma and needed someone to talk to. I had been to therapists before in the previous 10 years, but this time, I wanted someone who would really help me - beyond just "listening". I found that person in Mike Holtby. Mike offered a non-judgemental ear, frank honesty, and plenty of "out-of-the-box" suggestions to deal with each of my issues. We tackled them one at a time, one day at time. I was especially pleased with Mike's progress checks and the supplemental information and groups that he suggested to aid in my
recovery. It's been about 5 years now since I sought his help and I am now living a happy, well-adjusted, addiction-free life, and that's been the longest I have ever gone without seeking therapy. I am forever thankful for his approach and aid in helping me find my true love - myself.
Lynnell G

No comments: